Terms Of Website Use
Information about us
https://www.wallis.co.uk/ is a site operated by Debenhams Brands Ltd (‘Debenhams’). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 13135555 and with our registered office at 49/51 Dale Street, Manchester, England M1 2HF. Our UK VAT number is 185 4874 61.
Other applicable terms
Access to our site
Your account and password
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password or any other piece of information provided as part of our security procedures, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
Your use of our site
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law, regulation or code of practice;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• in any way that infringes any intellectual property right or right to privacy; and/or
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation to any person.
On the website, we make available products that are sold to you by us or, alternatively, by a third party retailer (a “Concessionaire Brand”). We may from time to time provide interactive services to you on our site if a product is sold by us or a Concessionaire Brand. For example, We may allow you to leave reviews of our products (subject to our content standards set out below). Use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. By submitting any content (“User Content”) to our site or through our interactive services, you agree that We shall have a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right and licence to use, reproduce, distribute and make available such content on our site and in our marketing materials. Any User Content you post to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
We may, from time to time, if we consider it appropriate, moderate any content that you provide through the interactive service provided on our site. However, we are under no obligation to do so. Moderation may be carried out automatically and/or manually, by us or by a third party on our behalf. Any content posted on our site by users through any interactive service does not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, values or ideals of Debenhams Brands Ltd (‘Debenhams’) or our personnel. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Content provided by any third parties.
You must ensure that any and all information and material which you post to our site (“User Content”) and use of any interactive services associated with it complies with following standards. User Content must be accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is posted. Product reviews will only be accepted from genuine, verified purchasers in the correct language for the relevant website and will not be accepted from our employees. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content. User Content must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful, malicious or inflammatory or which promotes violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringe any intellectual property right of any other person;
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any other person. In the case of product reviews, you may include your first name and location in your review, but should not include any other personal information;
• be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
• advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act; or
• contain any advertising or promote any goods or services or links to other websites.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these content standards through your use of our site. When a breach of these content standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate and reserve the right to reject publication of any such User Content or delete such User Content from our site.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in our site, its entire content, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by us and our licensors. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our trade marks are registered
The word “Wallis” and the logos incorporating this word and/or our other logos displayed on our site are trade marks of Debenhams Brands Ltd (‘Debenhams’) (or its licensors). You are not permitted to use these trade marks without our approval, unless they are part of any material you are using as permitted above. All other names, logos, products and service names, designs, and slogans on our site are the trade marks of their respective owners.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and any reliance you place on such information is at your own risk. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although We make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability in respect of your use of our site
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which are set out in the Terms and Conditions of Sale which can be found here.
If you are a business user you must obtain our prior written consent to purchase products from our site, and:
• We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it;
• We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of or inability to use our site, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site; and
• We will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
• waste of management or office time;
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that We only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and We have no liability to you for any loss of any business of yours (including but not limited to the types of loss and damage excluded in respect of business users set out in the paragraph above).
The security of communications sent over the internet (including by e-mail) is subject to many factors outside of our control. We do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any electronic communications. We shall have no liability for your inability to connect to or to access our site which may result from any faults, errors or problems relating to your PC hardware, software, network or security, or your internet service provider or any other similar problem. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We have no control over those websites and will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to our site
You may link pages of our site to your personal social media accounts where social media sharing plug-ins are available on our site, however we may withdraw such permission at any time and you agree to remove any link where we request that you do so. Any other linking to our site is prohibited without our prior written consent. You must not establish a link to our site:
• in a way that is not fair or legal or which damages our reputation or takes advantage of it;
• in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
• on a website that is not owned by you; or
• in any website that includes unlawful or fraudulent content, has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect or breaches the content standards set out above.
You must not frame our site on any other site or create a link to any part of our site other than the home page without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties (including where our social media sharing plug-ins include links to third party sites), these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites or any information or products contained on them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Waiver and Severability
If you wish to contact us in respect of our site, please contact us at [email protected] Thank you for visiting our site.